Quesadilla meets burger! Two flour tortillas filled with our premium patty, melted queso quesadilla, sweet pickled chipotles, white onions, iceberg lettuce and tomatoes.
We continue to keep you up-to-date with insights into how you can create a more profitable burger menu.
Tortilla Chips with salsa or something with color
- 1 TNT burger patty of your choice
- 2 flour tortillas, taco size
- 1 slice queso quesadilla
- 2 sweet pickled chipotles, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons diced white onion
- 2 Tablespoons diced tomato
- 1 Tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro sprigs
- 20 dried chipotle chiles
- 6 cups water
- 40 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 ½ large white onions, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- As needed, kosher salt
For the sweet pickled chipotles
- Combine water, dried chipotles and garlic.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook partially covered, until the chiles are soft, about 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
For the burger build
- Cook burger to an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Place quesadilla cheese on each tortilla and grill until cheese is melted.
- Place burger on one tortilla. Sprinkle with pickled chipotles, diced onion, cilantro and tomatoes.
- Top with second tortilla. Cut into quarters to serve.
Turn into a salad by omitting tortillas and serving on a bed of iceberg and rough-cut cilantro, dressed with lime juice and a splash of olive oil.
This burger would be great with bacon.
Make sure to get credit on your menu for making your own pickled chipotles.